Your SRI Steering Committee held a “Special Meeting” (April 3rd) to review heath concerns related to the Corona Virus.
In our effort to determine the best ways to honor “social distancing,” the Steering Committee reviewed updates from
the following sources:
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) guideline of “Social Distancing”
- City of Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego has declared a state of emergency, amid coronavirus concerns
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) by not
participating in gatherings larger than 5 people
- All Arizona Colleges/Universities have suspended in-person classes and moved to on-line classes instead.
- Numerous businesses have closed or reduced hours to minimize exposure.
- Following the Governor’s Executive Order of “Stay at home”, March 31, 2020.
As a result, we have concluded we need to honor these guidelines and protect our SRI Intergroup Membership. Thus,
effectively immediately, the following actions have been approved:
- The 77th Anniversary of AA in the Valley is cancelled! The SRI Steering Committee wants to express our thanks
to Susan C. and the Anniversary Committee for a job well done!
- As we have already incurred expenses for the Anniversary, we WILL continue with Raffle efforts. Groups are
still encouraged to donate baskets, gift certificates, etc. ALL raffle tickets and funds need to be turned in to SRI
Central Office NO LATER than April 10th. A raffle will be held at the SRI Central Office, recorded and aired on the
SRI Website April 18th. Winners will be called and can coordinate picking up their items at SRI Central Office
- Effective March 18th, the SRI Central Office will be CLOSED! However, to ensure safety, Staff and Volunteers
will work from their home, continue to answer phones, conduct business and reply to emails. We will review
our closing weekly.
- As SRI Central Office will remain closed, we will not have groups assemble MEETING LISTS books.
- The SRI Steering Committee will continue to monitor the business of the organization. We will conduct our
April 7th meeting via CONFERENCE Call.
- The April 14th SRI Intergroup Meeting is CANCELLED! Again, this honors the guidelines listed above.
- SRI Central Office will be maintaining a list of suspended meetings, club houses and activities on our website.
Please encourage people to check this frequently. We ask that if you attend a meeting that has been
suspended, please contact SRI Central Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SRI Central Office is working on resources for VIRTUAL meetings.
Finally, we recognize this is a challenging time for not only us in recovery but globally. We will continue to do our best to
be transparent, accessible and dedicated to serving you.
Thank you for your continued support of the SRI Steering
Committee, Salt River Intergroup, and SRI Central Office!
In love and service,
SRI Steering Committee Chairperson